Finally, the eighth season of the CPL (Caribbean Premier League) t20 final match won by TKR (Trinbago Knight Riders) on 10 September 2020
CPL T20 Final Match CPL t20 final match scorecard, TKR vs SLZ. In this final, the TKR won the toss and elected to field first but TKR giving pressure to SLZ (St Lucia Zouks) for doing batting first. SLZ getting a strong start in the powerplay, Andre Fletcher (39) and Mark Deyal (29) doing a 67 runs partnership for his team but TKR bowler Fawad Ahmed putting pressure on the batting side so that SLZ batsmen throwing his wickets in a regular interval. SLZ batsmen playing an irresponsible shot so that the Army of Kieron Pollard, and he is also taking full advantage. Kieron Pollard took four wickets in this crucial final match so that TKR hold this match in your hand at the end SLZ set a 155 runs target for the TKR. TKR win this final handsomely by 8th wickets, with this winning TKR won 4th titles of the CPL t20. TKR has made history because they have won all their 12 matches in this season.
CPL T20 2020
- The 8th season of the CPL runs from 18 August to 10 September 2020.
- This is a t20 format.
- Total 33 matches have been played in this year.
- Total six teams participate in this tournament.
- This tournament hosted by CPL Limited.
- TKR Won the 8th edition of the CPL t20.
- SLZ (St Lucia Zouks) was runner-up in this tournament.
- Kieron Pollard (TKR) selected for the player of the series.
- Lendi Simmons (TKR) will be selected for the most runs (356)
- Scott Kuggeleijn (SLZ) was selected for the most wicket-taker (17)
- Lendi Simmons playing a good hand in the final match, he was made 84* runs.
Top Moment of this tournament
- Rashid Khan became the youngest (21years) bowler to take 300 wickets in t20 cricket in just 213 matches.
- Dwayne Bravo (TKR) became the 1st bowler to take 500 wickets in t20 cricket and became the 1st bowler to take 100 wickets in the CPL.
- Mohammad Navi (St Lucia Zouks) took his 1st five-wicket haul in a t20 match.
- SLZ set a new record for defending the lowest total score (92 runs in just 18 overs) against Barbados Tridents (89/7 in 20 overs)